Awareness of gangs and serious youth violence
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- To provide a history of and an understanding of gang culture
- To be able to recognise risks, vulnerabilities and early warning signs of young people’s involvement in gangs
- To provide an understanding of how group affiliations work and how this can affect and influence a young person’s decision making.
- To consider the links between youth violence, gangs and child sexual exploitation, trafficking and drug culture
- To explore how to break young people’s gang links and provide good practice examples including communication strategies.
- To explore offender’s behaviour towards vulnerable young people
This course raises awareness of issues facing young people who are affected by youth violence and gangs by encouraging practitioners to consider implications for safeguarding and child protection practice.
By taking part in this course, practitioners will have the opportunity to explore the meaning and effects of serious youth violence and the potential reasons why young people may become involved in criminal behaviour. The course is delivered by highly experienced front-line professionals and also looks at impact of gangs on themselves and victims.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- History of gangs’
- Defining gangs’
- Gang Myths and Stereotypes
- Gang Violence
- Offending behaviour
- Working with Perpetrators of Gangs
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.