Child sexual exploitation (CSE)
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Recognise and identify risk factors associated with CSE.
- Understand relevant government guidance, the legislative framework and local protocols.
- To outline the different models of CSE, the types of perpetrator(s) and the way they operate, as identified in the research.
- Recognise and understand ways to effectively identify and engage with children and young people at risk of CSE.
- Be able to describe different agency roles and responsibilities and your own specific role in safeguarding children from child sexual exploitation.
- Have utilised best practice examples to explore strategies for intervention, including the use of disruption tactics, in cases where CSE is suspected/identified
The aim of this course is to provide a multi-agency overview of CSE and equip participants with the tools they need to use in identifying and working with children at risk. This course is vital for frontline staff working with children and families, enabling them to feel confident in recognising the signs of child sexual exploitation and acting on them appropriately.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- What is CSE
- Warning signs
- Pregnancy and Domestic Abuse
- Parenting Capacity
- The impact on our children
- Learning from serious case reviews
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.