Domestic abuse and its impact on families
This highly specilised course will explore the impact of domestic abuse, not only on children who are victims of it, but also within the surrounding family.
Up to 15 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- To provide participants an overview of Domestic Abuse
- The attendee will gain knowledge and understanding of impact of Domestic Abuse
- The attendee will gain knowledge and understanding of how Domestic Abuse impacts on children
- The attendee will have an understanding of your own and others roles and responsibilities within agencies
- The attendee will become aware of, and alert to, signs of child abuse
The aim of this course is to explore the impact of domestic abuse, not only on children who are victims of it, but also within the surrounding family. Domestic abuse has its roots in political, cultural and economic forces which shape our response and interventions.
This course explores the impact of domestic abuse on the child and looks at how to conduct effective risk assessments, the benefits of close inter-agency collaboration, and strategies for working with families where violence has been an issue.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Difference between domestic abuse and domestic violence
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Controlling and Coercive Behaviour
- Domestic Abuse and Covid-19
- Pregnancy and Domestic Abuse
- Impact of domestic abuse on Children
- Barriers to Disclosure
- Gang Violence
- Safety Planning
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Group work
This course includes:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK.
- No prerequisites needed to join this course.
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field.
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement.
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.