This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
1 or 2 Day
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Learn about the effective evidence based approach to overcoming the ambivalence which keeps children, young people or their family members from making the desired changes in their lives.
- Appreciate the value of a collaborative alliance between practitioner and clients which focusses on the clients intrinsic motivation and values.
- Practice the principles of motivational interviewing such as – expressing empathy through reflective listening , developing discrepancy between clients goals or values and their present behaviour, avoid argument and direct confrontation , adjust to client resistant rather than opposing it directly, and support self efficacy and optimism.
- Learn about open ended questioning, affirmations, summarizing, reflective listening, rolling with resistance, change talk and complementing change talk
- Consider how to use these skills as part of practice to encourage children, young people and their families to explore their ambivalence in problem areas, and work towards positive change
This course aims at looking at a directive, person-centred structured approach to working directly with children, young people, families and adults alongside health, education, police, and social care. Its goal is for the individual (not the worker) to recognise and express concerns about current behaviour and generate their own arguments in favour of change.
It pays particular attention to ambivalence, decisional balance and change talk. Experts agree that Motivational Interviewing can effect real change in behaviour.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Theories of change and myths about motivation
- The 3 Steps model
- Key principles and skills
- Skill development
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.