Safeguarding level 3 course (MACP)
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand the legislative context for the work in safeguarding children.
- Co-operate with the local authority in providing information and professional opinions, and other agencies where there are safeguarding concerns.
- Understand the assessment and referral process.
- Use tools and resources to support understanding and work in safeguarding children and young people
This course aims at providing participants with a better understanding of some of the key specific and complex safeguarding issues, such as child exploitation and FGM.
Participants then explore effective multi-agency responses to concerns raised, including assessment frameworks and the full range of child protection meetings, before reflecting on a number of practice messages from serious case reviews.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Legislation and Guidance
- Safeguarding Practice Reviews
- Assessment Framework
- Types of Abuse
- Safeguarding Issues
- Criminal Exploitation
- Contextual Safeguarding
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.