The impact of domestic abuse on our children and young people in the education setting
- Participants will have a deeper understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Participants will have knowledge and understanding of how CSE might impact on children and young people and their outcomes at school
- Participants will know how to support the children who have been subjected to exploitation, enabling them to ‘thrive’ and not simply ‘survive.’
- Participants will be able to ensure all staff recognise the signs of CSE and to understand procedures and appropriate referral pathways
- Participants will be able to understand the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the additional risk factors this brings to CSE
The aim of this course is to explore the impact that domestic abuse can have on children and young people and look at how, within the education setting, we can better support them to improve their mental health and opportunities for a better life. Virtual Reality will be used as a tool to help learners walk in the shoes of children and, as a result, build enhanced empathy for them, thus changing the way educationalists support children and young people through education. This powerful course can be life-changing for children and young people in school settings. By completing this course, learners will become more knowledgeable about the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences and their professional ability improve outcomes for all pupils.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Difference between domestic abuse and domestic violence
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Controlling and Coercive Behaviour
- The impact on our children
- Risk Factors
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Trauma and Attachment training for primary – part 2
The impact of Gangs and Serious Youth Violence In the Education Setting
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.