The impact of Gangs and Serious Youth Violence In the Education Setting
- Learners will be confident in using the VR technology
- Learners will be able to understand how to use the VR experiences to discuss the impact of gang membership and involvement in youth violence
- Develop competence in the different applications of the VR library
- As a professional you will be able to understand how to use the VR experiences in your specific role
The aim of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of gang culture and how this might impact the education of the children and young people involved.
Throughout the course, learners will be able to recognise risks, vulnerabilities and early warning signs of young people’s involvement in gangs. As well as this they will be able to consider the links between youth violence, gangs and child sexual exploitation, trafficking and drug culture.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Introducing Gangs and Serious Violence and the History of Gangs
- A potted History of Gangs in the UK
- Gang Member Activity
- Controlling and Coercive Behaviour
- ACEs and Gang Membership
- Trauma in the Education context
- Action Planning
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
The impact of domestic abuse on our children and young people in the education setting
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Trauma and Attachment training for primary – part 2
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.