Trauma and Attachment training for schools – part 1
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand the topic with a strong foundation in evidence.
- Develop your understanding of how early childhood experiences can impact on future life chances for young people.
- Understand the topic through the ‘The Lived Experience’ of children and young people.
- Interactive, helping you relate the training to your professional situation.
- Is thought provoking, in order to support the question ‘what could we do differently?’.
- Improve the life chances of the young people you work with.
This course is designed for all members of the school community. In order to become fully trauma-informed as a school, it is essential that everyone in the school setting is provided with access to this course. Throughout the course, learners will develop a more detailed understanding of the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on the life of a child, beginning with the start of a child’s life, pre-birth.
As a result of this course, empathy for the child will strengthen significantly which will enable learners to better understand the individual needs of children and, as a result, appreciate the importance of their efforts to improve the life chances of all children in a school setting.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- ACE’s in the Education Context
- Window of Tolerance
- Understanding attachment using VR
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.