Trauma and Attachment training for schools – part 2
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should:
- Be able to demonstrate a deeper understanding of Trauma and Attachment and the impact this has on children and young people. .
- Have a secure and evidence based knowledge of how early childhood experiences can significantly impact on future life chances for children, young people and adults.
- Have gained a deeper knowledge and understanding of the ‘The Lived Experience’ of children and young people and how this relates to the work you do.
- Be better equipped to relate the training to your professional situation and thereby support the children and young people more effectively.
- Feel supported in considering ‘what could we do differently?’ to improve the life chances of the young people we work with as a result of our learning today.
This course builds directly on Trauma 1 and is designed for the professionals who work more intensively with the children and young people in supporting their educational needs within a school setting.
This course would also be suitable to school leaders and those who are in a position to bring about cultural change within their school. The course will include more specialised content linked to understanding brain development and the long term impact of ACEs on a child or young person’s life, if not addressed. We will also explore effective ways of addressing the needs of a child who has suffered from trauma, in order to improve their outcomes at school.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- ACE’s in the Education Context
- Attachment Difficulties
- Secure Attachment
- Understanding Empathy
- Supported further planning
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
- You must have attended ‘Trauma and Attachment training for schools – part 1’ in order to take part in this course
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.