Working with difficult, dangerous and evasive behaviours
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Consider learning from Safeguarding Practice Reviews relating to DDE;
- Consider what constitutes dangerous, difficult and evasive behaviour?
- Reflect upon the stages of a critical incident;
- Reflect upon personal and professional values and attitudes;
- Consider effective communication strategies to diffuse challenging situations;
- Understand organisational contexts that can help or hinder practitioners working with complex, challenging situations;
- Consider self-care and support to reduce and alleviate practice burnout;
- Develop practice skills with the use of live practice scenarios.
This course aims to better equip safeguarding practitioners that regularly have to deal with difficult situations where adults may behave in ways which are resistant and un-cooperative.
This course provides an opportunity for delegates to learn about and practice tools and techniques to effectively work with challenging behaviours and situations and is also one of our ‘flagship’ courses which routinely receives exceptional feedback from participants. It is ideal for mixed groups of adult and children’s practitioners as well as partner agencies.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Learning from Serious Case Reviews
- The child’s lived experience
- Values and Attitudes
- Stages of a Critical Incident
- Burnout and self care
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.