- Practical Core Skills
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
Level 2 Train the Trainer
- Learn how to develop a systematic training cycle which will ensure continuous improvement of your delivery.
- Discuss the nature of typical level two safeguarding audiences, their learning styles and issues and challenges to consider and prepare for.
- Apply a range of tools to facilitate effective learning.
- Describe group types, processes and management techniques addressing any challenging individuals and/or group members whilst maintaining the learning environment.
- Develop your own practice and identify strengths and development areas relevant to facilitation of training and/or child safeguarding.
Pre requisite for attendance on this course: you must hold a Level 3 multi agency child protection certificate
Morning session : This provides a framework of underpinning guidance, knowledge and preparation for delivery and planning of your level 2 course, including an example presentation you can use as a starting point that you can amend to use and also a tool kit with example activities.
Afternoon session: Delegate presentations. As part of the assessment process, prior to attending the course you are required to prepare a 10 minute suitable interactive presentation or activity targeted for your level 2 audience on any topic related to level 2 child protection training, based on any of the topics below: (Course aims for the level 2 topic you will be trained to deliver)
- Defining abuse – why has the definition of abuse changed over time
- Identifying the basic signs & symptoms of abuse and safeguarding issues
- Understanding your role & responsibilities when dealing with a disclosure of abuse
- Understanding how to deal with a disclosure
- Familiarity with the process for dealing with allegations against staff
- Familiarity with the safeguarding arrangements at your school
We will provide you with an up to date L2 Safeguarding presentation and materials to use for delivery after the training
You will receive a Certificate of achievement and a level 2 certificate template to use
This course is delivered by our experienced facilitator
- 18th October 2023
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Certificate of achievement
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.