- Children Specialist Practice Areas
- Practical Core Skills
Life story work for Foster Carers
- Have an understanding of the purpose and importance of life work.
- Know the main points to consider before engaging in life work, including preparation and planning.
- Implement a narrative model of life story work with looked after children.
- Be aware of the components that can be included in this work.
- Be familiar with a selection of methods, materials and resources to us.
- Outline of the narrative model of life story work.
- Explain the aims of life story work and the importance of this work being undertaken.
The aim of this training day is to give an overview of how a Life Story Book helps to maintain and reinforce a child in care’s sense of identity and also helps to build resilience, whilst answering the ‘what happened, when and why’ questions. Participants will gain knowledge and learn the importance of the contribution they can make to a child’s understanding of her/his own Life Story.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- Experience of life story work and dilemmas
- Different Techniques to gather relevant information for Life story book
- History gathering
- Family sculpt
- Music diary
- Action Plans and planning how to write book
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.