The Impact of Trauma on children
This is a highly specialised, immersive course that uses Virtual Reality content to enable a faster, more focused way of learning by experiencing the topic through the eyes of the child.
Up to 12 on virtual platform
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Have developed an understanding of how trauma impacts on the social, emotional and cognitive development of children and adolescents
- Be aware of effective responses that enables traumatized children and adolescents to achieve better emotional regulation and feel understood and supported
- Be equipped with some skills to use in their work to support traumatized children and adolescents
- Be aware of tools available to assess the impact of trauma on children and adolescents
- Have acquired sufficient understanding to support to carers parenting these children and adolescents
- Have developed a clearer understanding of when to signpost to appropriate specialist health resources/services
This course aims to better equip the delegates understanding and assessment of the impact of trauma on the emotional and behavioral development of children. This course focuses on how to develop skills for intervening with trauma.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
Our course covers the following topics:
- Introduce self and aims for today
- The Impact of Trauma on a Child’s Global Development
- Communication Skills
- Assessment Tools
- Creating framework for safe care
We use our unique Virtual Reality clips throughout the course which provides a multi-sensory immersive experience allowing you to view the above through the eyes of the child.
What are the benefits of using Virtual Reality?
- 4X Faster than classroom and e-learning
- 4X more focused during learning
- 3X more connected to the content
- 40% more confident to apply the learning they experience though VR
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Virtual Reality clips
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Virtual Reality clips providing lived experiences through the eyes of the child and young person
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement
- The VR headsets will be deployed to your organisation prior to the training for distribution to delegates
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.