This highly specialised course supports participants in developing a better understanding of the impact of the Toxic Trio.
1 or 2 Day
Up to 15 on virtual platform*
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand the effects on parental capacity of the toxic trio.
- Consider how children’s outcomes are affected when living in households where parenting is limited by the impact of the toxic trio.
- Develop a confident approach to assessing risk and harm where there are concerns about the toxic trio.
- Consider how to engage children, their parents and the multi-agency group in case work where these concerns exist.
- Develop skills in assessing parental change and improved outcomes for children during and following intervention.
- Be able to consider the needs of Barnet’s diverse community when working with issues arising from the toxic trio.
- Develop a confident approach to SMART planning for children were there are concerns about the toxic trio.
- Focus on the impact of these plans in terms of improving outcomes for children – How will the child notice the difference?
The aim of this course is to support participants in developing a better understanding of the impact of the Toxic Trio by considering Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol, Domestic Abuse, cognitive in terms of the ‘family development’. Looking at the impact on the family, family’s strengths, difficulties and building resilience. This course will ensure participants build a comprehensive understanding of the link between parental mental health and child protection.
Our course covers the following topics:
- An overview on The Toxic Trio
- Models of intervention – assessing parenting capacity and risk when working with families with multiple needs
- Models of intervention – using hypothesising, circular questioning and reframing as techniques for working with families with multiple needs
- Safety plans and interventions
- Goal setting
- Scaling techniques for assessing and managing risk
- Trigger families
- Action planning
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Safeguarding practice reviews
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK.
- No prerequisites needed to join this course.
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field.
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement.
*22 delegates when course is delivered face-to-face
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.