- Children Specialist Practice Areas
- Practical Core Skills
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
Trauma – Through The Eyes of The Child
- Gain a meaningful understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
- To understand attachment and trauma, and their impact on child development.
- Gain insights into how early experience affects later emotions, behaviour and relationships
- Understand the importance of developing safe, strong, and trusting relationships with children, young people and adults to help them recover from childhood trauma and neglect.
- Explore trauma informed practice, looking at how we become more trauma responsive
Outcomes we aim to achieve using Trauma Informed Practice include:
- Self-regulation skill building/improvement.
- Improvements in child mental and emotional well-being
- Improved placement stability if child in care
- Improved relationships with parents, carers, workers, and communities to develop resilience in young person.
- Improve education outcomes.
- Reduced exclusions from school.
- Improved attendance at school
This immersive course offers participants a unique learning experience, using Antser’s virtual reality story telling films to bring to life the experiences of children and adolescents who have faced attachment difficulties and trauma. Participants will gain a profound understanding of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), attachment, and trauma, and their lasting impact on child development. They will also explore trauma-informed practice, focusing on developing safe, strong, and trusting relationships to support individuals in their recovery from childhood trauma and neglect.
Throughout the day participants will interact with a range of immersive VR experiences, bringing to life the experiences of children and adolescents who have suffered attachment difficulties and trauma.
Through a trauma-informed practice, participants will acquire skills in self-regulation, promoting improvements in mental and emotional well-being of children, enhancing placement stability, and fostering resilient relationships with parents, carers, workers, and communities.
Trauma-Informed Practice is a strengths-based approach, which seeks to understand and respond to the impact of trauma on people’s lives. The approach emphasises physical, psychological, and emotional safety for everyone and aims to empower individuals to re-establish control of their lives.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
This course includes:
- Case studies
- Group work
Benefits of the course:
- Up-to-date and in line with the key legislation and guidance in the UK
- No pre requisites needed to join this course
- Delivery from professional and expert facilitators in the field
Book a Course
To book a course directly, or enquire about our courses, please fill in the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you soon.